Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015

Summary:
This week was pretty low on succesfful contacts and none of our investigators came to church, but the good news is the less-actives are pulling through! We contacted and had a lesson with a less active family and I was amazed to see their situation. We talked with them and came to find out that both of the parents are converts to the church and at one point, were both VERY active and the dad was really into family history. We asked if he had a an account on Familysearch.org. He said no and it´s been a long time. So we created one right there and he pulled out a folder FULL of work and data and photos, marked up scriptures, and gospel library books. It was just a reminder to me of the sneakiness of Satan. He´s a good persuader, so I´m going to need to excercise my faith every day for the rest of my life to stay close to Christ. 

We also had the opportunity to have a stake activity yesterday. We watched the movie "Conozcan a los Mormones" (Meet the Mormons) None of the investigators that told us they would go showed up, but there were some less-actives and recent converts there and I think it was a great turnout. Great spirit-building activity. Plus I loved the movie! I want to see it in English now. haha

We also had zone conference this week. These meetings always help me remember how much I need to learn and grow here. We learned that there´s going to be a new mormon video on March 28th, "Because He Lives," in English I think. I´m so excited to teach people with this initiative.

Funny:

Everyone´s gardens are producing lots of grapes right now, so we get fed grapes at almost every house. The other day I was eating a grape and a spider crawled out of it and onto my arm. The hermana didn´t see the spider, she just saw me do a little jig to get the spider off of me and the face she made was priceless. haha.

Spiritual:

I was studying this week a little bit in Matthew and I read in chapter 13 about how the gospel must be preached to all nations before the second coming. It´s something very simple, but the more I read the more I recognize how many of the prophesies are coming to pass right now as we speak. The more I read, the more I know the church is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment