Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

Summary:
This past week went great! The weather is perfect and we've found a few sheep that are ready to hear the gospel! It was great talking with the family (especially you, mom). Also, the patriarch's son that has a problem with the word of wisdom that I wrote about last time CAME TO CHURCH! It's been years and it was amazing to see him there.

Spiritual:
Earlier in the week, we passed by a less-active member's house as he was getting out of his car. We stopped to talk to him and the spirit said, "he's got a problem with the Word of Wisdom." Then I denied it in my head because he seemed totally normal and sober and healthy. I didn't ask him about it or anything. A few days later, we passed by his house again as we were looking for the address of a reference. He said he just needed a few minutes to wrap things up, so we should go look for the reference and then come back to have an appointment with him. Long story short, we found this reference and she has been in bed for six months with cancer. She said she has never asked God, "Why me?" because she knew the risk she was taking when she smoked. After speaking with her, we went back to the less-active member's house and out of the blue he tells us he has a problem with the Word of Wisdom. We were able to share the story of a lady we had just met and tell him what he needed to hear the first time we passed. It really moved him and he came to church yesterday for the first time in a long time.

Funny:
The other day we kneeled down to do a companionship prayer and it was my turn to say it. I was super tired and I don't know if my brain was just in overdrive or what... but I closed my eyes and then instead of starting the prayer I started counting, "uno, dos, tres...." By the time I realized it, my companion was already just looking at me and cracking up laughing. haha

 


This is a picture of Hermana Showalter and me.  We always come out of our rooms in the morning wearing the same outfit. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment