Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015

Summary:
I'm not sure why it goes like this, but we have weeks full of appointments and weeks when almost every single one of them falls through. This past week was one of them when almost every single one fell through. We did have a great opportunity to do lots of contacting on the street though! This coming week should be good too, because we scheduled lots of appointments with new people that we contacted. 
The patriarch's son came to church again! He is doing great, along with his less-active sister! There are also about five or six other less-active members that are sooooooo close to coming back to church.
 
Spiritual Experience:
As we were walking through the street contacting the other day, we were approaching a man that was smoking and looked a little angry and tired. My initial thought was that I should walk past him and contact someone else that looked a little nicer. Then the thought came to me about how God is no respecter of persons, and I am not the judge. I reached out and handed him a card, the one with Jesus Christ coming out of the tomb. He immediately stopped and tears welled up in his eyes. He kissed it and then looked at us and then at his cigarrette and said, "Me... doing this. And you guys... handing me something so precious.Thank you. Thank you."

Funny:
After teaching a lesson to an elderly-lady investigator, she asked us if we could stay and have some tea with her. We said yes, but we don't drink most types of tea. She opened up her cupboard and asked, "Well what do you drink?" There was literally  nothing in there that we drink besides about a cup of dehydrated strawberry milk. Haha! Before I knew it, she poured the milk into her teapot of hot water and was all, "Well I'll guess we'll try this..." hahah my companion and I were trying so hard not to laugh or show our fear about what we were about to drink. We finished off the lesson with a nice tea party of watery milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment