Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October 20, 2015

Summary:
This week has been a busy one! We had a great family night with Franco's family, and he is getting more and more excited about having the gospel in his life. We went to the temple with a recent convert, Patricia Medel, to receive her endowments. It was great! We had two days of exchanges. On Wednesday I was with Hermana Delgado from Peru and on Friday I was with Hermana Rodriguez from Guatemala. They're both really great sisters and I learned a lot from serving with them. On Saturday there was a stake activity that was awesome! Each ward put on a skit of something from Doctrine and Covenants and I was really impressed with how much practice they must have put in. They did a great job of using everyone's specific talents. We went with a less-active member that we met last week and she had a good experience. On Sunday, Monserrat's baptism fell through because of something that came up in their family, I'm not sure what. This coming Sunday, though, she'll be baptized.

We got word this morning that Hermana Alcantara will be getting transferred and I will be staying here in Cordillera with a new companion.

Spiritual Experience:
During exchanges with Hermana Rodriguez, we had a lesson with an investigator named Mario. I don't think I've ever met someone so prepared in my whole mission. At the end of the lesson he just paused and looked at us and said, "I've never read any of these books or anything like that, but for some reason I feel like I've heard this all before. I feel like you two have told me this and now we're just reviewing." We told him that he has heard all of this before. 

Funny:
We were sitting in a lesson with a less active member named Iris and she left the room to grab her hymn book. Hermana Delgado says, "I'm gonna let in a little light..." and opens the curtain a little bit and the whole thing falls off the wall. haha We both jumped up and put everything back really fast and sat back down RIGHT when Hermana Iris walked back into the room. Then during the hymn we were trying so hard not to laugh. Haha 

The Cofre Family

No comments:

Post a Comment