Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 19, 2016

Summary:
My new companion is Hermana Saez from Los Angeles, Chile! She's 24 years old and a convert of three years. Our personalities are actually really similar and we get along great! My new area is a lot different from my old one. It's a lot richer and more city-ish. The good news, though, is that there are good people everywhere. We've already been able to meet some new investigators and get the area book into order. We were also able to go to the temple to do a tour with a less-active member. Also, I was happy to see in zone class yesterday many familiar faces, including Hermana Bartholomew from St. George! 

Spiritual Experience:
Last week, we talked and felt like there are some people here who have been recieving missionary lessons for a long time, but aren't progressing much spiritually. We didn't necessarily want to spend all day walking and walking because of a lack of appointments, but we prayed about it together and took a leap of faith, trusting that as we leave those souls who aren't ready to progress, we will find the ones who are. And so it was! We were lead to them! We found some very special and prepared people this past week, including Maria Jesus, Rosita, and Enzo. I'll let you know how it goes with them later on!

Funny Story:
My companion the other day was talking about where all of her companions are from. She goes, "Hermana Penrod is from Cornflake, Arizona." I said, "Snowflake?" She's all, "Yep... Oh woops did I say cornflake?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment