Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26, 2016

Summary:
We decided to give both Juan and Patricia, (the investigators that had accepted a baptismal date), some time without missionaries lessons. We were a little bit sad and felt left without any soon-to-be-reached goals, but then the miracles came pouring in!  Two other investigators that we met last week accepted a baptismal date. Maria Jesus and her son. We also met a great family of four, Maria Louisa and her three kids! We also were led to find two less-active members of the church this week that expressed to us their strong desires to go back to church and feel te spirit there. Their names are Beatriz and Gabriel. 

On Wednesday we had a general meeting with all of the missionaries in the whole world watching. They talked about "Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts." Elder Oaks, and Elder Bednar spoke, along with other general authorities. On Friday, Elder Spitali came and spoke to us as a mission. It was a week FULL of personal revelation.

Spiritual Experience:
In a lesson with an investigator, my companion held up a painting of John the Baptist baptizing Christ. The investigator looked at it and just said, "I feel like I need to do that too. I don't really understand, but I just feel that I need to." 

Funny:
We met a lady who's kind of deaf and she let us go into her apartment to teach her a little about the gospel. We had to speak way loud the whole time. Afterward, we got into the elevator and my companion looks at me and yells, "I don't know how we're going to teach her!!" I covered my ears and my eyes got all big as I reminded my companion that the lady is deaf, not me. She just cracks up laughing and goes, "OH true. Sorry." 

No comments:

Post a Comment