Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12, 2016

Summary: 
It was a good week! Hermana Garcia is doing awesome. I have to say that I've been blessed with great companions my whole mission. I really feel like I've been out here serving my Savior with my best friends for a year and a half. 

We've been getting pretty creative with our contacting methods lately in Ñuñoa because of the very small percentage of people that will even accept a pass-along card and much less stop to talk to us. haha! It's been pretty interesting. We've also been going to the feria the past few Saturdays to hand out laminas and pass-along cards has really been helpful in finding people. I've always had a fear of going to the feria because there are so many people in one small place, but my companion helped me conquer it! It's true, we are here to invite PEOPLE to come unto Christ, so I guess it makes a lot of sense that we need to go to where there are people.

Spiritual Experience:
We met a lady the other day that let us into her house to share a message. At one point in the lesson, she told us a story about one time when she wasn't feeling well. She said she was walking in the street and saw that the doors to one of our chapels was open. She had heard of blessings for health before, so she entered the church and asked one of the brothers that she saw about it. They gave her a blessing. She felt better, and she felt the Spirit. It made me think of Elder Renlund's talk about the keys. The keys of the priesthood really are in this church. The keys really do open doors to many blessings, from the very smallest to eternal life.

Funny:
While leaving the house of a less-active hermana and an investigator that we are teaching , we somehow got ourselves locked inside the gates of an apartment complex. It was getting late and we were running out of options. Then, I remembered that there is a man who is always drunk that always sits on the street corner outside of the apartments. I've seen him go in and out a few times, so I knew he had keys. Haha... so we went up from the inside of the gate closest to where he always sits. We could only see his tennis shoes so we just guessed it was him. We weren't sure about what his name was either. So we just sat there contemplating and whispering for about three minutes about what we should do. My companion finally whispers, "Jorje! Can you open the door for us?" He had no idea we where our voices came from and his name isn't even Jorje, but instead of getting scared or looking confused he just goes, "Ah yeah I've got keys how are you guys doing where are you from...." as he staggered to open the door for us. We just yelled "THANKS!" and went running as fast as we could to our apartment. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment