Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19, 2016

Summary:
This week has been crazy! We've done a lot of traveling in the bus and the underground metro. We went to the Santiago Centro to do my passport and legal stuff and I got stuck with the same lady that gave me a million ridiculous problems last time I went. She lived up to her reputation and gave me a million problems again... oh man we were there ALL day long. It's alright though because I like being in the registro civil. There are all kinds of foreigners there and it makes me feel at home in a weird sort of way. There are also a lot of people bored and waiting in line, so it's the perfect opportunity to share the gospel. They can't run or say they're busy! I also had a self-reliance class and and interview with my mission president. On the weekend, it rained like crazy! A lot of people were actually in panic and they shut of the running water in Santiago. Luckily, in our building they had a reserve, so they never shut our water off. 

Spiritual Experience:
Yesterday in the morning, I was organizing the papers and talks I have and I came across one that I had never seen before. It talked about suicide. I think it was by Elder Nelson, but I'm not positive on that one. I thought, "How strange..." and then I read it. Later that day, we contacted a lady on the street. She kind of did the whole, "Ah yeah thanks! See ya later" kind of thing and kept walking, but then stopped and turned around and said, "Wait! I have a question for you. What happens if my brother recently commited suicide? I just don't know where he is... or what to do." We were able to give her a short, comforting answer that came straight from the talk that I came across in the morning. She started to cry and gave us a big hug and said, "Thank you so much."

Funny:
We were in a lesson the other day when it started to rain HARD. Our sweet investigator, Rosa, wouldn't let me leave her house without putting on one of those blue plastic rain poncho things, like the ones they sell outside of splash mountain. Haha... Long story short I ended up walking down the street in that thing when a car drove by and splashed us from head to toe. I turned around and lifted up my arms in the "Seriously?" position. I turned around and my companion was laughing hysterically. I realized that with my bag and the hood of the jacket, my poncho was all weird-shaped and I looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dam walking down the street. I, too, busted up laughing all wet and dirty in a blue plastic poncho. 


This is a noche de hogar we did with the Familia Martinez and Hermana y Hermano Mora, two of my favorite families! 

No comments:

Post a Comment