Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 2


Summary:
The feeling of this week was very similar to the one you get when you first sit down on a roller coaster cart. You wait in line for so long, knowing what you're getting yourself into, but as soon as you lock the little safety bar down you think, "'Holy cow. I'm doing this!" It's so awesome.

People:
The people here are really funny. They just get really close to each other when they talk and drive and everything! That's going to take some getting used to... They also just accept pretty much anything at any time. For example, during sacrament meeting there was just this large bird walking around in the chapel. Haha. 

Hermano Ceballos- He will not be my teacher anymore because we switch every two weeks, but he taught me an important lesson. He said that the way you act and show love to your investigators is more important than what you say to them. He also was a true example of this. For example, when the hermanos were cold, he ran around the CCM finding blankets for every one of us. He does little things like that all the time! I know Spanish is important, but it is something that will come for sure. Showing love won't come if I'm not continually working on it.

Elder Almanzor- He's an elder in my district who joined the church two years ago. His family pretty much kicked him out because of it, but then his bishop took him in. Now he's on a mission! His stories strengthen my testimony.

Food:
You´ll never believe this, but the Trix cereal here is still shaped in fruits and flowers like it was when I was a kid! I may or may not have gotten a little bit too excited about that, but I remember being sad when they changed them to just plain little colored balls. Also, they eat their cereal here with yogurt instead of milk.

Spiritual Moment:
While teaching an investigator, I realized I was saying words I didn't know how to say. The gift of tongues is so real!

Funny Moment:
The teachers here are mostly local, so they're always saying funny things like, "It scared me out!" instead of "freaked me out." and "taking sun" instead of "sun-bathing." I was thinking about this and how funny it was. Then I realized... when I talk to them I sound something like, "Ät.....house.....breakfast... good yes." 
Haha! I'm workin' on it.

Alcántara Group
A little taste of the city

No comments:

Post a Comment