Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 3 in the MTC! (CCM)

Summary:
This week has been awesome. I´m starting to be able to understand most of the things people are saying to me, I usually just don´t know how to respond. Sometimes it´s frusterating, like being trapped in a glass box or somthing. I´ve realized, though, that no matter what I just have to keep trying. The Latinos laugh at me a lot, but with the few words I can say and an impressive amount of charades, I can usually get my point across.

Food:
Good news! They have donuts here.

People:
My companion- Hermana Clawson is one of the coolest people. She knows more spanish than anyone in our district. Even though it's probably hard for her to wait for me to scramble up something to say in spanish during our lessons, she is always SO patient. She helps me out in every way she can. The only thing I don't like about her is that she's so good looking the Chileans are always whistling at her and jazz. I wish I could tell you about how much I've learned from being her companion, but I don't want the keyboard to catch on fire. Haha.

Spiritual Moment:
I learn so much about the gospel every day here. My testimony just keeps growing. One experience that stuck out to me the most this week, though, was this; I was sitting in class trying to listen to my teacher. I don´t know why, but for some reason I was SO tired that day. I was even falling asleep while writing. When I look at my notebook from that day I can see some sentences that start off in normal writing and than quickly turn into a squiggly line that runs down the page, indicating when I fell asleep for a second. Haha. Anyways, my companion and I knelt down to pray for an investigator, and she said, "...please bless us with energy..." not even knowing how tired I was, Immediately after that prayer I felt alert and ready to continue studying.

Funny Story:
Sometimes it´s not only the language barrier that can cause confusion here. Peoples´accents do too. During a lesson, my teacher asked us, "What is a goal?" Our district leader answered, "It´s having a will." Our teacher looked way confused all of the sudden. Then he drew a little whale on the board with water coming out of its blowhole. He pointed to it and in his little voice said, "A will?" 

Have a great week, everyone! Love you all!


My District Hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment