Sunday, December 14, 2014

December 14, 2014





Summary
This week we found some excellent souls and one in particular who is very interested in the gospel. I can´t even express how much joy I feel when I see someone grow and change through the gospel. There´s plenty of Christmas spirit here in Chile, even though it´s like 2837092 degrees. I hope you know I love you all and wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

People
Another fun thing about living here in Chile is I´m considered tall and blonde. They always ask me to do the tall people stuff like hanging up decorations and reaching things on high·up shelves. It´s great! Every day I also get something new about what white person I look so much like. Some of my favorites are Wendy from Peter Pan, Laura from Little House on the Prairie, and The girl from Mama Mia I think. (Nonni, that one is for you.)

Spiritual
On Wednesday, I was headed to a house down the road when my companion suddenly stopped a few feet away from a corner to share a pass·along card with a man at a bus stop. I felt we should stop too, even though we were contacting at the moment. It was our first contact of the day. Right after stopping, we saw a man jump out at a woman and yank her by her bag behind a wall. That would have been us at the corner right at that time being robbed had we not stopped. I truly believe that the Spirit guides our every move if we let Him.

Funny
This week, one of my roomates from Argentina sat on the toilet lid to wash her feet and it cracked right down the middle. Haha



No comments:

Post a Comment