Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 8, 2015

Summary:
I love the people here in Chile, but it has been a hard week full of lots of rejections and 0 investigators coming to church. I know that some weeks will be better than others as far as numbers go. 

People:
A fun fact about the people here in Chile is that they're into wearing Crocs. Haha. It's a nice throwback to my childhood. 

Spiritual:
One of our investigators this week says that when he reads the scriptures, he feels like God is talking to him. It hit me how pure his statement was. Unlike me, he had not been told his whole life that scriptures are the word of God. It's like that quote that says, "If you want to talk to God, pray. If you want God to talk to you, read." 

Funny:
While teaching a lesson to a family in their kitchen, one of the boys started wiping off the table and cabinets. As he passed me, he also wiped off the bag in my lap and my shoulder... I guess that since I don't really look or speak like the people here I'm just more of a decoration to them sometimes. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment