Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015







We hiked like a million of these to get these pictures


 lucky it was a strangely cloudy day!





Summary:
It's getting very roasty here in Chile! Hotter than St. George even! On Wendesday night I dreamed that everything was shaking and I was clinging to the bar of my bunk bed. Then as I was half-awake I heard a phone ring for some reason. The next day everyone kept talking about the earthquake last night. Haha I had completely slept through it! I then realized that the phone ringing I heard was a lady in the ward calling to see if we were okay because she knows we live on the top floor of the tallest building around. Oh man, la obra misional makes me tired I guess! Also this week we found a new investigator and have been progressing with some of the other ones. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people we come across that tell us they've been baptised into the church but are no longer active. There is LOTS of reactivation work to do here.

People:
We have been teaching a mother and his son lately that are some of the most intelligent people I've ever met. The son in particular reads a lot and asks questions about doctrine that I have to study before I can answer. I respect so much that he wants to learn before being baptised into the church-but I have been learning more and more that we don't need to know all things to know that God knows all things and to know that this church is true. Like Nephi says in 1 Nephi 11:17 I believe it is.

Spiritual Experience:
This week at a baptism of the other hermanas in our ward, the recently-baptized man was up at the pulpit bearing his testimony. I had no idea what he was saying to be honest, but I felt the Spirit the same way I do when I DO know what people are saying. My eyes welled up with tears because I knew the things he was saying were pure and true. 

Funny:
I can't believe I haven't shared this before now because I think it's so hilarious. So the students here study English in school, and I don't know if it's the tapes they listen to or what but they learn to speak with a British accent. Often times when we start talking to people, they'll realize I'm from the US and start talking to me in English with a British accent! Hahaha it so weird to see coming out of a Chileano. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment