Monday, February 23, 2015

February 24, 2015





Summary:
It's been another week of lots of contacting, but things are looking up! We've found two new investigators, both old ladies. Also, we're working with members in getting more references. Best of all, people are finally starting to come home from their vacations because school is starting soon here!
Spiritual:
One day, we called a bunch of the people we needed to visit this week and they all told us they weren't able to or didn't have time for a visit. That same night, we were cleaning out a folder of old forms of ancient investigators by going around to houses listed and asking if the people still lived there. We didn't have much luck with the ancient investigators, but we ran into almost everyone we needed to speak with just in the street! It was a great tender mercy. 
People:
There is a fruit stand and a meat shop across the street from where I live. Every morning when I leave the apartment the workers yell "Hello! How are you!" or "Good morning!" They're always so excited to use their English.
Funny:
My companion knows how to say "I love you" in English and one day she asked me how you say "pies." I told her it's "feet." After planning she pointed to my feet and said "I love you feet." Haha I don't know if she was making fun of me or what because between the tan line on my feet and a pair of my shoes that dye my feet black everytime I wear them they always look pretty bad. So I just cracked up laughing and now she says it every night. "I love you feet."
 

I made Valentine's cookies for my companion



My companion, Hermana Vergara, eating a completo

No comments:

Post a Comment