Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Summary:
My companion left this morning to her home in Argentina! I learned so much from Hermana Benitez. She was the perfect example of trust in God. She´s probably on a plane right now and she doesn´t even know where she´s going to live when she gets back to her house and her family is not going to pick her up. Luckily her bishop will be there and said she could live with their family for ONE WEEK while she figures things out. Man... that´s faith. 

So we have a 12-week training program here and I´ve had two different trainers because my companions have both been in their last six weeks of their mission. This past week I waited patiently to hear who my new companion is going to be and if there was a possibility I´d be with her for more than one change. On Saturday my Zone leaders called and said when they came to inspect our room they would also bring word of who my new companion will be. Turns out it will not be her last change, but her first. I´ll finish my training program tonight and start training another hermana tomorrow. I don´t know who it´s going to be yet, but I´ll let you know all about her next week.

Another big splotch of news is that another companionship is moving into our apartment and they are splitting our sector into smaller pieces! No matter how they cut it, there will be recent converts and investigators that will be transferred to the new hermanas in the ward. I´ll miss them but I have a feeling this upcoming change we´re going to see miracles. 

Spiritual Thought:
This week we had an appointment with a recently-baptised family that was very strong when I first came out into the field. Over the last little bit they´ve been falling into some bad habits and skipping church and family night and things like that. In the appointment we found out that they have not been reading their scriptures, and it hit me that when you do not read, you are not giving yourself a chance to listen to God´s words. We cannot hear if we are not listening. So, friends, let´s FEAST UPON THE WORDS OF CHRIST! 

Funny: 
The sun is very strong here. Here´s a picture of my feet for your enjoyment. haha

"Better Homes & Gardens"




No comments:

Post a Comment