Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Summary:
This week flew by! It was complete with a family night, zone conference, and a missionary activity in the ward; Noche de Talentos! Unfortunately, none of our investigators came to church. It really is our biggest struggle out here. This coming week though...!

Spiritual Experience:
On Friday the missionaries and the ward missionaries put on a talent show for two of the wards in our stake. It was planned really fast and sort of thrown together, and I'm not going to lie, there was a pretty sad turnout. Something so cool happened, though. We get to the chapel and we see one of the less-actives that we've been working with helping set up everything, and then stay to M.C. the talent show! He had so much fun and I just couldn't believe that this man, who when I met him hadn't been to church in years, was now so involved and so happy. 

Funny Story:
We were in an appointment getting ready to sing the opening hymn.. We explained how we just sing the first line of the top part, then go to the first line of the next part.... and I guess that was enough explanation for her.  We finished singing the first verse, and to our surprise she started over with the first verse again. Then again. Then again. Just singing the first lines over and over.  Hahaha my companion and I kept looking at each other like, "should we stop her? or..." but we just kept singing. Finally we stopped and she just sighed and said "Ah que lindo." or "Oh, how pretty." :) hahaha

Lunch with the Perez family and an ex-missionary that came back to visit
"2 peruvians+2 norte americanas= good times"
 So one of our recent converts went to Argentina and she tells me she brought me back a gift. She hands me this and I think, "I think she got me a thneed."  Then she's all, "You can use it like a scarf, or on your head, or anything really..." and I thought, "It really is a thneed." Haha! - A FINE THING THAT ALL PEOPLE NEEEEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment