Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 17, 2015

Summary:
Another great week! On Wednesday, I did exchanges with Hermana Chapman from Las Vegas and I met the family of the boyfriend of one of the converts that I taught in my first area! I also had a blast serving with Hermana Chapman for a day. On Friday, we had a speacial counseling meeting with President Morgan. It was incredible because Hermana Parra and I have been talking a lot about things we see as setbacks in the mission and trying to think of ways to overcome them. In the meeting, every single last little question and worry we had talked about was answered. Sunday was the primary program, which is always just really cute. Monserrat's whole family except for her brother came to church. Today we had a zone activity and we cooked breakfast and were able to hike up a little mountain. It's been so long since I've gone hiking! It was the best!
Spiritual Experience:
Remember that lady that got kicked out of her house because we went to visit her? It turns out that she has been messaging with one of the sisters in our ward. She now has a place to live, is happy, and is going to recieve the missionary lessons! I was so happy to hear this that I almost cried.

Funny Moment:
We went to the house of a less-active member to share a message with her and were getting ready to start the lesson. There was music playing, so my companion asked the sister if she could turn down her music so we could sing a hymn. We thought the music was coming from her stereo, but she got up and walked past the stereo and outside and just starts screaming, "TURN DOWN YOUR MUSIC!!! WE'RE ABOUT TO SING CHURCH SONGS!" I looked at my companion and she's all, "Woops... I didn't know it was the neighbor's music."

No comments:

Post a Comment