Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3, 2015


Summary:
On Tuesday we contacted a new investigator and her son, went to her house to have a lesson. Hermana Parra and both realized that we had felt a cautionary spirit in the house of this lady. The Spirit told both of us, "Be careful." and even, "Leave as soon as possible and don't return."This shook both of us a little bit, so we said a prayer, asking for comfort, and continued on. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that truly does lead, guide, and walk beside us. As we got out of there and were talking as we walked, we had both experienced the exact same thing and we don't know why.

On Sunday, an hermana from the ward pulled me aside and told me that an investigator we had gone to visit got kicked out of her house. It turns out that the owner of the house didn't want anything to do with us and was angry with our investigator for inviting "Mormons" over without her permission. I couldn't believe it! I still feel sad when thinking about it, but not guilty.
Monserrat was confirmed on Sunday. On top of that, her grandma who is a less-active member accompanied her to church for her first time in quite a while. She gave me a hug afterward and said that she will be coming to church every single Sunday from now on. Monserrat's older brother and mother are both more interested and receptive after seeing Monserrat's baptism. I have so much faith and hope for this family and know that they will all soon make the choice to follow Christ.
We went to the house of an investigator, Beatriz with an hermano to give her a blessing. She's been really sick. He gave her a blessing and she said she immediately felt something lift off of her. She came to church the next day and I know that she'll keep progressing. I'm excited for her and her family.

Spiritual Moment:
Last night, we finished a lesson early and had about fifteen minutes before it was time to go home. It was too short to go to a lesson so we decided to just walk and contact for a few minutes. There weren't many people out, but finally we passed a guy. We gave him a pass-along card and I ended up asking him if he believes in Christ. He responds and says he's a member that's been inactive for about 10 years. Then he asks us where the church is and what hours we meet. He's started to feel the need to go to church and had been asking around but he doesn't know anyone from the ward.
Funny:
The other day we were walking down a street and I looked up and the moon looked so cool! I got distracted for a second and told my companion to look at the moon. I expected her to comment on how pretty it was or something, but she didn't. So I just stood there admiring it for a second waiting for some sort of comment. I turn around and she's swinging her bag all around while this little dog was nipping at her feet and ankles hahaha. Finally the dog leaves and she just cracks up laughing, "Thanks for your help. The moon looks gorgeous."

No comments:

Post a Comment