Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 24, 2015

Summary:

The week went by flying, as usual! Franco had his baptismal interview and all went well. Out of all the investigators I've met so far, I think he's been the one that's changed the most from the first time I've met them. Actually, the first time I met him he told us he didn't want us to pass by to teach him. He gave us a straight-up "No."  It's crazy how things work out, though, and how God really does soften the hearts of people. 

I had exchanges with Hermana Valladares from Honduras. She's finishing up her mission and goes home this week. She's a sister that I've been with almost my whole mission because we were together in Trinidad for about 8 months. They finally transfered her, and then the next transfer, I got transfered too to her same ward. I've always looked up to her. She's known me ever since I didn't speak a lick of spanish, but has always demonstrated the same amount of patience and love. I've learned a lot from her.

On Thursday, we had interviews with our mission President. He is an inspired man and I know that he is led by the Spirit in all that he says to us missionaries. 

Some other highlights of the week were meeting some less-actives. One of my favorites is a lady names Cintia that has an autistic daughter. She's so sweet and I don't know if I've ever met any other less-active member so prepared to recieve missionaries in their home. 


Spiritual Experience:

We had lunch with a less-active sister this week who doesn't come to church because she works on Sundays. It was crazy, because in less than an hour we watched her attitude go from, "There's no way I will ever be able to go to church because I work on Sundays." to "Tomorrow I'll talk to my boss to change my free day to Sundays. I need to go to church." The Spirit really does tell us what we need to hear when we listen.


Funny:

The other night, Hermana Parra and I were both really tired. We ended up talking to a lady and I asked her what day we could pass by to visit her. She told us a day and then my companion was all the sudden like, "AND.... How old are you?" Then the lady and I both just stood there confused and finally the lady repeats the question to clarify, "Did you just ask how old I am?" My companion just cracks up laughing and says, "Oh woah, sorry. I'm so tired. I didn't mean to ask that I meant to ask at what time we can pass by..." and then we all just cracked up laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment