Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4, 2015







Summary:
It's been a big week! I actually can't even believe that a week has passed since the last time I emailed home. I've been moved to a new sector called La Cordillera. God is great because I prayed and asked that if I was going to be moved, to please bless me to go to a sector where you can see the mountains. Now I'm right next to the mountains! It was pretty sad leaving Trinidad. I didn't think it would be so hard to say goodbye to some of the people. I went to one last cita last Monday with Javi, a now-recent convert and I told him that I'll be changing sectors. He immediately just started crying and he made me cry too! It's been a life-changing blessing to meet these people, though. I'm so grateful for the opportunity God gave me to be a little part of their conversion and see their life change as they've let Christ in.

My new companion is also from Peru! Her name is Hermana Alcantara and she is the best! She's really small but that doesn't stop her from being a real hard worker. We started teaching a new investigator this week, Rosita. She came to all three hours of church and loved it. She accepted to prepare for a baptism at the end of this month. In our last cita with her she just kept giving us fruit, cake, and even some plants from her garden and we were leaving. Haha! She's just so loving.

I've also met some other really awesome less-active members and investigators this week. The bishop came out to some lessons with us and he is THE BOMB. He bore his testimony and just nailed it with telling the brothers how much we need them in the ward and now God loves them. The ward is also really supportive and great.

Spiritual Experience:
We were looking through some lists and found some addresses of less-active members. We chose one of them to go try to visit and put it on our agenda. The next day, the bishop called and asked if he could come out to a few lessons with us. Before we even told him where we were going, he suggested to us that we visit the same man! We go to his house, out come THE BROTHER OF SALVADOR RHOR! (Salvador Rhor is a less-active that I was able to be a part of his re-activation process in my old sector). I didn't even realize it when we planned because I know them by different last names. Anyways, so that was a tender mercy to be able to find him. He's really receptive. It sounds like it's been a while since he's had missionary visits or been active but he's got pure desires to return to the iron rod.


Funny:
Yesterday I accidentally stepped on the back of Hermana Alcantara's shoe while we were passing through a gate and it ripped a whole part of it off. We just stopped and were confused about what happened for a second and then just busted up laughing. The best part is this old man passed us and he just started laughing with us too. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment