Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 15, 2016

Summary:
This week we had Zone Conference and it was awesome! We learned about the importance of studies and listening to the Spirit. We also learned about how to overcome pains and afflictions, both physical and emotional. One of my favorite parts was a message that Hermana Morgan shared about the Lord's promises. She made me think about many of the promises that the Lord has made to me in my patriarchal blessing and other blessings. I realized that a lot of them have already been fulfilled or are being fulfilled as we speak! We also had a Stake Conference on Sunday. Elder Russel M. Neslon spoke in Spanish! He spoke about the Sabbath Day and keeping it holy. 

We were able to find a couple of new hermanos to teach this week! Another random thing is that we ran into  Maria Jesus! She's the lady we were teaching and she had accepted a baptismal date and then we completely lost contact with her. She's moving to the U.S.A. in just a few days and wants to recieve a blessing before she goes.We also met a man that was baptized a couple months ago in another city and wasn't able to review the lessons after his baptism. His name's Manuel. We also contacted a lady that just happens to be the good friend of one of the ward missionaries of our ward! She wants to go to church on Sunday and told us that all she really wants to do is come closer to Christ. There really are no coincidences. (Is that how you spell that?)

Spiritual Experience:
Lately, I've been trying to improve the charity that I have towards others. It's an attribute of Christ that I know need to work on. While trying to keep an eye out for service opportunites, we spotted a lady that was carrying a bunch of bags of groceries into her house all alone. We ran to help. As we got to her doorstep she says, "Why don't you guys stay for a little while and talk to me about Jesus?" We responded, saying that we would love to. She turns out to be a very sweet, humble lady, and she is truly looking for the truth.

Funny:
There's a less-active family in our ward that is always willing to give us lunch. I think every single time I've eaten lunch with them, they've told their 5-year-old son, Cristobal,  not to spill the beans on what we're going to have for desert. I don't know why, but his parents just really like it to be a surprise for us. Cristobal always tells, though. The first thing he said when we stepped into their apartment yesterday was, "Today I'm not going to tell you what we're giong to have for desert." Ten minutes later he talks to himself and says, "I just want to finish my food so that I can have my pineapple ice cream.... Oh woops!" haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment