Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22, 2016

Summary:
It's been a good week! We found some good people, but I think one of the 
biggest struggles here in Nunoa is the fact that the people are so busy. Generally, we will visit investigators and then have to wait a week or two to see them again. 
We were able to go to the temple today! It really is such a blessing to have the temple in our mission. I live only about 20 minutes away!

Spiritual Experience:
After a looooong day of contacting and LOTS of atheists, we were finally headed back to the apartment when we heard a voice say "Excuse me!" I looked over and saw a guy walking toward us from a street corner that was kind of dark. At first I was a little scared, but then he said, "Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, but I need help. I need to improve my relationship with God." I've waited a year and a half to hear somebody say that! He continued saying that he recently seperated from his wife and felt sad about it so he started to drink. He knew it was a bad decision and wants to stop before it gets worse. We have a lesson with him on Thursday.

Funny:
Here in this area there are a ton of buildings and apartments and they all have a little shack with a guard that watches the people go in and out of the gate. There's always a button on the shack that opens the gate to leave. The other day we were leaving a lesson, and my companion didn't see the switch that opens the gate and goes, "There's not a switch here to open the gate... Oh! Here it is." and reaches in the window and turns off the light. haha! I was behind her and saw it all coming and tried to stop her, but when I realized I couldn't I watched the face of the guard that was sitting in the shack. He looked so confused and scared! Some girl just came up and turned off the lights on him. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment