Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March 29, 2016

Summary:
We've been getting creative lately with finding new investigators. As I'm writing this letter there is this guy standing behind me and my companion smoking and trying to tell me us his life story in English... so it's a little hard to concentrate... But anyways, so we've been trying to work a lot with the members. The ward is full of awesome members! They're just really not used to working with the missionaries. It's kind of like the missionaries do their own thing and work hard and then if someone gets baptized the ward realizes they need to become friends with them. So we're trying to change that! It's something I wish I would've know before serving mission!
Hermana Garcia is doing awesome. I sometimes can't believe she's only been here for a month, especially when I think about how I was doing when I was a month into the mission! We get along really well and I'm learning a lot from her.

Junior (The man that stopped us on the street last week) went to church on Sunday. After the Gospel Principles class he asked which church is the true one. The Mamani-Leon family got wrapped up in their work and school and really haven't been reading or praying or going to church. :( We really don't want to lose them, but sometimes you've just gotta do all you can do and let it ride from there. 

Spiritual Experience:
Yesterday we taught a man. He didn't let us talk much, but he had SO many questions and all of them are answered by explaining the restored gospel. I was thinking about it afterward, and I realized that I've probably acted the same way with the Spirit. God always has the answers, but sometimes I just don't stop to listen and hear it. 

Funny:
Here  on the weekend they have la feria, which is like a giant fruit market where everyone goes to buy their fruit and vegetables. We thought it would be a good idea to go contact in la feria because there would be a ton of people and we could give out all the pass-along cards, pamphlets, and pictures of Christ that we have in our closet and never use. So, we set up a little table and started handing the things out. It was going alright, but we couldn't really hear anything because all of the the sellers were yelling about how cheap and awesome their fruit was. "BANANAS 50 CENTS!" "WATERMELONWATERMELONFRESHWATERMELON!" and stuff like that. Later, the elders showed up. Next thing I know, I look over towards the table and Elder Tehani, an elder from our ward that's from Florida was holding up the bible images and yelling, "Amor de Dios. Gratis!" I don't know if it's because he didn't know how to speak much spanish or what, but later I was thinking about what I would do if I was in the United States buying fruit and some foreigner was there yelling "Love of God! Free!" haha Hermana Garcia and I were laughing so hard that night thinking about it. Everyone all yelling about fruit, vegetables, and fish and then out of nowhere they hear, "Amor de Dios! Gratis!"

No comments:

Post a Comment